Now that the winter holidays are behind us, I’m finding myself lusting for Spring already. The Flescher family really enjoys camping, so we do quite a bit of it every year. Starting in the late Spring we are gone almost every weekend; taking our last trip in early fall. I like to make these spicy Bloody Mary’s when we go camping in the Spring or early summer. The melting ice and tangy vegetable juice keep you refreshed, while the Tobasco sauce and fresh ground pepper help keep you warm enough to wear shorts in the cool Oregon air. (That’s where we live; not sure if I’ve mentioned that before). I enjoy this Bloody Mary Recipe on a sunny riverbank, watching my husband fish, while I try desperately to establish a base tan. I can’t wait for Spring to come. In the meantime, warm up a little with my famous Chipotle Lime Bloody Mary Recipe. As always, your feedback is welcome and appreciated.
Mrs. Flescher’s Chipotle Lime Bloody Mary
Pepper infused vodka (I like Absolut Peppar)
Spicy V8 Vegetable Juice
Tobasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
Fresh Ground Pepper
A BIG Glass (I usually make mine in a pint glass, but if you want to make it “fancy,” consider serving it in a hurricane glass.)
Bendy Straw for more relaxed sipping (optional)
Crushed sea salt for garnish (optional)
1. Put 1 cup of ice in shaker.
2. Poor 2-3 ounces of vodka over ice.
3. Add the juice from one wedge and then the wedge itself into the shaker.
4. Then add 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce and a few dashes of Chipotle Tobasco.
5. Poor in 6-8 ounces Spicy V8.
6. Sprinkle about 1/4 tsp. celery salt and 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper.
7. Cap shaker and shake vigorously then poor cocktail and ice into pint glass with sea salt rim (optional) and garnish with lime wedge.
Optional Serving Suggestion:
For another layer of flavor, try muddling cilantro in the pint glass before pouring your cocktail in.